Free shipping is a good sales strategy to attract new customers. This type of promotion can bring you many benefits: it increases sales, improves loyalty, boosts AOV, and helps you gain a competitive advantage.
If you want to offer free shipping, you need to create a free shipping discount.
1. After clicking the Create discount button, select Free shipping in the popup.
2. Create the discount code by clicking the Generate button.
3. Choose if you want to offer free shipping in all countries or only in specified ones. Click Browse to select countries.
4. Select Purchase type: One-time purchase, Subscription, or Both.
5. You can apply the shipping rates after a certain amount or skip this configuration.
6. Set up minimum purchase requirements as a fixed amount or a quantity of items. If there are no requirements, select ‘No minimum requirements’.
7. Configure to whom you want to offer the discount under Customer eligibility.
8. Set up how many times customers can use your free shipping discount under Maximum discount uses.
9. Optionally, you can combine a free shipping discount with other discounts.
10. Set up the dates to start and end your discount.
11. Preview the summary and click Save discount.
Now you know how to create discount codes in your Shopify store and can use this marketing strategy to grow your ecommerce business.